Fly For Democracy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GIMP Tutorials by FeedMe

2 posters

Go down

GIMP Tutorials by FeedMe Empty GIMP Tutorials by FeedMe

Post by FeedMe Wed 20 Jul 2011, 9:53 pm

Gimp Tutorials (by FeedMe)
Here you will learn all about GIMP! Try it, GIMP is free!

Hello and welcome to my Gimp Tutorial Topic!
In this thread i will teach you a lot about GIMP!
Download GIMP here if you dont have it already!
(After posting them on GU!)

Other Languages:
German | Italian | Spanish | Russian | Swedish | French

Learn something about the Interface of GIMP!

Tutorial 1 - Easy Line-Style Effects[/size]

In this tutorial I'm gonna show you how to use the blend tool to create very nice lines effects,
that can be perfectly used as desktop wallpapers or for any other kind of graphics work.
The technique is amazingly simple really – so almost every GIMP user will be able to do it easily.

This will be our outcome today

1. First create a new file, i.e. 1024×768px.
Then use the blend tool: Choose the “Pastel Rainbow” gradient from the dropdown menu.
Then draw the gradient from top left to bottom right of the canvas. Thats our background base.
[url="http://bilderhoster.at/upload/ogzbz1310985957.png"]This step as image[/url]

2. Now choose the “Shadows 1” gradient from the dropdown and set these parameters in the blend tool options:
Mode: Grain merge
Opacity: 75%
Shape: Bilinear
Repeat: triangle wave
This step as image

3. Drag the gradient as shown in the image. Be sure to be inside the canvas.

GIMP Tutorials by FeedMe Wvndr1310986445

4. Drag the gradient as shown in the image.
This time drag in a “top-left to bottom-right”-direction. Hold CTRL on your keyboard,
then you can draw the gradient in exact 15°-steps. I used a 30° angle to drag the gradient.

GIMP Tutorials by FeedMe Pyysf1310986785

5. Do the same as in the step above. But now in a top-right to bottom-left-direction,
again use an angle with 30°. By using exact angles it is easier to get an asthetically pleasing combination of the lines.

6. Now we’ve already a nice output that has some softer lines.
You’re done if you like these softer lines. But as this technique is really experimental-friendly!
I want to show you some other examples you can easily accomplish by doing some more steps :)
This step as image

7. You can reach the effect shown in the lower part of the image by choosing the “Shadows 2” gradient.
Set the opacity to 100% and take “Overlay” as mode. Drag a smaller gradient (15°) as show in the picture.
[url="http://bilderhoster.at/upload/vhwyn1310987366.jpg"]This step as image[/url]

8. Alternatively to the above step (step 7) you can get some kind of harder lines by decreasing the distance of the dragged gradient.
To get the effect in the image I have set the opacity to 75%, the mode to “Grain merge”,
and then I have drawn a gradient from top right to top left (but only of about 1-2 centimeters / 1 inch) in distance.

You are done. Your outcome should now look like this!
Dont worry if not, only practise makes perfect ;)

I really love the this technique to create interesting backgrounds,
because it is so damn easy to do and the output is very nice for the input time.
Some things you can also try to get different styles:
Use other base background gradients, vary the angles of the line-gradients each time you drag one by 1-2° and of course you can also try other modes to get very very different results.
Also consider to use a colorful gradient then set the mode to “colorize” or “color” and so colorize the whole scene in a different way.
I hope you enjoy the technique!

A new tutorial will follow soon! I think Tutorial 2 will be a tutorial about how to make blood! /crazy
FeedMe
FeedMe
NOOB
NOOB

Male
Posts 6
Points 4695
Fame 0
Location Germany
Germany

http://www.womforum.enjin.com

Back to top Go down

GIMP Tutorials by FeedMe Empty Re: GIMP Tutorials by FeedMe

Post by flow Thu 21 Jul 2011, 11:34 am

not bad as a tutorial thx for the gesture it may help many ppl ;) keep up the good work dude
flow
flow
Level 121 Crown Hero
Level 121 Crown Hero

Male
Posts 242
Points 4884
Fame 2
Location Real World:Tunisia/Electronic World:FFD
In Game Nickname FLow/Anarchy/T001
None

Back to top Go down